Your privacy is a priority to us. Protecting your privacy is part of our service.
Your personal information which we hold about you, is available on request under the Privacy Act 1988.
- This practice is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. For more information please go to: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act
- All patient information is private and confidential and is not to be disclosed to family, friends, staff or others without the patient’s approval, or as legally directed.
- You can request and obtain your medical records, which we hold with written and signed consent.
- Patients medical records and other health information is to be kept where there is staff supervision and kept out of view and access by the public.
- Disposal of patient records is only to be achieved through shredding or use of an accredited secure document disposal company.
- Medical information in an electronic format is only to be transmitted in an encrypted format using secure messaging software.
- Specific systems have been put in place to protect the privacy, security and integrity of patient records.